Tampines Meridian Junior College is one of the three centres to offer the Drama Elective Programme. Started in 2006 in Tampines Junior College, TMJC Theatre Studies and Drama (TSD) Elective Programme explores the human experience through the conceptualisation, construction, and reception of theatrical events and dramatic texts.
At TMJC TSD, we believe that each student is unique. We aim to embolden our young student-artists to be critical thinkers about the world around them in the practice of their craft through a values-driven education. With the backing of dedicated teachers, supportive parents, and encouraging peers, we strive to develop a community of student-artists and learners who are committed and devoted to giving the best to their craft while remaining grounded to their personal beliefs in their work.
The programme aims to:
- Develop students’ knowledge and understanding of, and critical thinking about, theatre and drama in a variety of historical and cultural contexts
- Provide students with opportunities to develop practical skills related to performance; the use of the visual, kinaesthetic, and symbol systems of drama and theatre to communicate meaning
- Integrate theory and practice as students realize a performance or presentation based on their understanding of critical concepts
- Foster students’ interest and enjoyment in theatre and drama both as a participant and as informed members of an audience
- Encourage a deeper understanding and exploration of the human condition through their critical thinking and practice of theatre and drama
Students embarking on this Programme will offer H2 Theatre Studies & Drama (9519).
For more information on the Drama Elective Programme:
TSD Coursework Trailer