2023 Direct School Admission Exercise (DSA)
The DSA-JC exercise aims to promote holistic education by giving participating JCs the flexibility in selecting secondary school students for admission to JC1 based on their achievements and talents while upholding key principles of transparency, fairness, and meritocracy. It provides students with the opportunities to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to JCs.
Be part of the Tampines Meridian Experience! You could be an exceptional sportsperson who has represented the State or participated in competitions at the national level, or you could be a performer with laudable talent, performance experience, and competition achievements. Come and join us if you treasure enriching learning experiences, look forward to well-rounded college life, and aspire to grow and contribute to the College.
The 2023 DSA-JC exercise at TMJC is open to students who wish to seek direct admission into JC1 in 2024. Graduating students from Singapore secondary schools can apply for DSA into TMJC during the application period.
DSA Talent Areas
The following talent areas are open for DSA applications in TMJC.
DSA Selection Criteria
Applicants will be selected based on their performance during auditions/trials/interviews. In addition, applicants would need to fulfil the following:
- Acceptable academic results
- Good conduct
- Track record in the chosen area of Sports/Performing Arts
- Achievements/Awards in National/Regional/International Competitions
- Representation at Zonal/National competitions, National or Club level
- Relevant experience in the performing arts
- Relevant leadership skills or initiate projects to make a positive difference to the school community or beyond.
If you are interested in applying to Tampines Meridian Junior College through the DSA-JC exercise, you are required to complete the following:
1) All applications must be submitted online using the stipulated DSA application form.
2) A personal statement (not more than 500 words) is required for the applicants to state the reasons for applying to TMJC via DSA in the online application form.
3) Upload the following supporting documents to the DSA Online Application Portal.
- CCA records (all available records)
- VIA records (all available records)
- Sec 1 to 3 academic results (Weighted Assessments, Year End Exam)
- Sec 4 Weighted Assessments or Mid-year Exam
- Sec 1 to Sec 4 Result Slips showing Form Teachers’ comments and conduct grades
Incomplete applications (e.g. without a complete set of supporting documents, or insufficient information provided on the online application form) will not be accepted or considered.
DSA-JC Application Timeline
Deadline for submission of online DSA application:
Phase 1: 18 Jul 2023*
Phase 2: 18 Aug 2023*
* Applicants are advised to submit their applications early and by the deadline for Phase 1 or Phase 2 as shown above, in order for the application to be duly considered.
Applicants not being offered a place in Phase 1 need not re-submit an application for Phase 2 as the application will be considered for both phases.
Date for Trials/Auditions
Click here to access the DSA trials/auditions dates.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend trials/auditions/interviews by 31 August 2023.
After the trials/auditions/interviews, only successful candidates for DSA offers will be notified by the College by 5 Sep 2023.
General inquiries regarding DSA can be made via email to Mrs Rosalind Lim, at email@example.com.
You may click on this link to submit the DSA Online Application for admission to TMJC.
Successful DSA-JC candidates will not be allowed to participate in the Joint Admissions Exercise. They will also not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the GCE O-Level examination results. They are expected to honour their commitment to the DSA-JC schools and to participate in activities related to the talent selected in, for the duration of the programme admitted to. Students who do not fulfil their DSA commitment without valid reason may be required to transfer out to another school.